Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Turn? This or That?

Now what? My youngest just turned 19 yesterday. It is the last year he will be a teenager.......it is also the last year I will have a teenager I can call mine. (Although he doesn't like that idea.) When my kids were growing up, I used to say... when they get older and I have more time, I will do this or that. Well, here I am it is time for this or that.....but dang if I can remember what this or that was. It all seemed so important when they were young. Boy! If I had the time I would do this or that! Now I have the time....(kind of) and I don't know for sure what I should do with it. Do I bring out the paints and start painting again? What about genealogy, I really should pick that up again... and how about the piano and guitar...I really want to learn both of those instruments. Then there is photography, I am inspired by the photos Katie, Boo and Amanda take, do I pursue that? How about my weight? I no longer have the excuse that I don't have time or don't feel like dragging around the little munchkins. I have a dream of building a home with my own two hands. What about my education? How far do I go? Then there is softball and volleyball, am I getting too old to play those yet? I can still run the bases and set a volleyball. Do I continue playing until I can not physically do them any more and then pursue the other non-physical items on my list? This and that sure did creep up on me, now what?

3 comments:

  1. ahh Mom, I'm where you've been. So many things to want to do, not enough time. Just pick one thing you've always wanted to do and go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pick three...one wont keep you busy enough!! :) and run with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Mamma, I think you look great! I think you should start your fun "things to do in your life now that your kids are grown" by spending a month with ME! Also I really think you should paint again. You're SO good at it!!! I'll even teach you what I know about photography. Then Katie will teach you the rest.

    ReplyDelete