Thursday, October 28, 2010

Inhuman or Naturally Human?

The Prisoners Story

I don't know how anyone can say the holocaust did not happen...

The story of this prisoner of war made me pause for a few moments in my hectic life and reflect. Since my mind jumps from point to point, this is where it went. I have no idea why I am sharing, other then I feel I am supposed to.

One particular statement the former prisoner made is: "You see this and you say, 'How inhuman everything was.'". I had one thought when I read that part. I thought about the "natural man". I thought how the Lord has admonished us to put off the 'natural man'. (The natural man is an enemy to God and should be put off, Mosiah 3: 19) What the prisoner said, I think unfortunately, it is not 'inhuman', it is 'naturally human'. I think man, if left to his own machinations without the intervening hand of the Lord will 'naturally' become more 'human'. He will 'naturally' gravitate toward abuse and inflicting pain and suffering upon those around him. Man will 'naturally' revel in the power of superiority he feels and will 'naturally' become more carnate and evil. Unfortunately, 'inhuman' no, 'naturally human' yes. It is where mankind goes without the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment